West Jackson Elementary School will inspire and empower all students to engage and excel in the opportunities of a global society.
WJES students can ask questions, think critically and creatively, and work with others to solve problems in their lives, in our community, and in the world.
- Students’ learning needs are the focus of all decision making to support academics and the whole child.
- WJES provides a highly effective, committed staff and the resources for all students to achieve excellence, collaborate with others, and reach their full potential.
- Through Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and Social Emotional Learning, we ensure and celebrate a nurturing, student centered, and respectful environment for learning, where every student is valued and known.
- WJES offers a rigorous, authentic, standards-based curriculum, guided by data and research-based, best instructional practices through STEAM based learning experiences.
- WJES is a community school, where all stakeholders work collaboratively to support one another to inspire and engage students in connected learning.
- At WJES, we embrace a growth mindset and encourage one another to reach challenging goals, while having fun on the journey!