JCSS prioritizes personalized learning. As part of our Quality Service Standards for Instruction, we are committed to utilizing next-generation tools and innovative practices to inspire students, enhance learning, and individualize the learning experience.
As referenced in our district’s Quality Service Standards, the following are our agreed upon Common Practices of Excellence:
- Collaborate weekly to review student work and to use assessment results and DOK levels to plan academically challenging lessons.
- Consistently communicate with families and stakeholders through quarterly community letters, monthly school newsletters, and weekly posts on social media and websites.
- Ensure that every student has an advocate who assists with setting learning and life goals, monitoring progress towards those goals, and celebrating outcomes.
- Prioritize a focus on rigor, differentiation, student engagement, authentic learning, and the use of data as the most important elements of student learning through PLC work and conversations.
- Commit to flexible learning experiences that include the activation of prior knowledge, independent and guided practice, with closure and summarization of learning.