Skip To Main Content











header-nav tablet




Out of District Information

Thank you for your interest in Jackson County Schools! We are pleased to provide enrollment opportunities for students who do not live within the boundaries of our school system.

For students in Pre-K through 12th grade who do not live (and will not be living) within the boundaries of the Jackson County School System (JCSS) but wish to attend one of the JCSS schools, parents or guardians must register at the school their children will attend. Students do not have to be present at the time of registration.

Please be aware of the following stipulations regarding out-of-district student enrollment:

  • Out-of-district students are enrolled in our schools only if space is available after all students zoned for attendance there are enrolled and all students who live in Jackson County but wish to attend a school outside their attendance zone are placed.
  • Transportation will NOT be provided for these students, to or from any location, including homes of relatives or day care centers located within Jackson County.
  • Once an out-of-district child is placed, that enrollment is valid for for one school year only. There is no guarantee of placement in subsequent years, and your application must be made annually.

How to Enroll an Out-of-District Student in Jackson County Schools 

STEP 1: Contact the school in which you wish to enroll your child to notify them of your interest and set up any appointments, if necessary. 

STEP 2: Complete the following documents and deliver/bring them to Central Registration for enrollment: 

  • Completed registration form for out-of-district applicants (see the next section below to download this document)
  • Completed non-resident parent and student contracts (see the next section below to download this document)

STEP 3: Request the following documents from your child's current non-JCSS school and deliver/bring them to the school for enrollment: 

  • Attendance records
  • Current report card/transcript
  • Discipline records
  • State assessment scores


Required Forms (English)

INSTRUCTIONS:  Click the links below to open the required forms. Next, print, fill out, and sign the documents, and then deliver/bring them to the school for enrollment along with the documents required (as listed above) from your child's non-JCSS school.

Formularios Requeridos (Español)

INSTRUCCIONES: Haga clic en los enlaces a continuación para abrir los formularios requeridos. Luego, imprima, llene y firme los documentos y luego entréguelos/llévelos a la escuela para la inscripción junto con los documentos requeridos (como se indica arriba) de la escuela de su hijo que no pertenece a JCSS.