The South Jackson Elementary School Counseling Program consists of:
- A curriculum addressing the needs of all students in the domains of academic, personal/social, and career development
- Assists students in acquiring appropriate attitudes, knowledge, and communication skills to promote healthy relationships
- Enhances the ability of students to identify and utilize the appropriate resources needed for post-secondary success
- Creates positive relationships with students fostering personal growth, service to others, and academic achievement
- Advocates for all students encouraging them to develop to their fullest potential
- Encourages counselors to consult and collaborate with other educators, parents, and community on behalf of all students
Our services include individual counseling, group counseling, and classroom guidance instruction at the K-5 level.