At North Jackson Elementary School, the School Counselor believes:
- All students have dignity and worth.
- All students have the right to access a school counselor.
- The school counselor is an advocate for all students.
- All students are individuals that learn at their own pace.
- All students can learn to be resilient in the face of challenges.
- All students can become productive members of society.
- All students can achieve academic, career, and social/emotional success when given appropriate and timely support and interventions.
- All students deserve to be members of a school community that is culturally compassionate and responsive.
- Data should be used to design, implement, evaluate, and continuously improve the school counseling program.
- School counselors serve as leaders and collaborators in assessing barriers to academic success.
- School counselors collaborate with families, stakeholders, and community resources to meet the students’ needs.
- School counselors abide by the ASCA’s Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
The School Counseling Program will:
- Be planned and coordinated by a state-certified school counselor in partnership with the other educators, parents or guardians, and the community.
- Actively engage students in classroom, small group, and/or individual activities.
- Provide academic, career, personal, and social development for every student.
- Use data to drive the program development and evaluation, and actively monitor students’ results.
About the Counselor:
My name is Jamie Shabman and I am excited to be serving as the school counselor at North Jackson Elementary.
I have been a Georgia resident since 2012. My family and I have also lived in Florida and Indiana. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my husband, 3 children (Kaia, Alex, and Harper), and 2 dogs (Remy and Emile). I also enjoy reading, traveling, and spending time with my friends.
I am really looking forward to a great school year!
Legacy Youth Mentoring Program
Meet Our Team