Children need healthy meals to learn, and the Jackson County School Nutrition Program offers healthy meals every school day.
Your children may qualify for free meals or reduced-price meals. Read below for more information and how to apply for the program.
HOW MUCH DOES BREAKFAST AND LUNCH COST?
At full price, breakfast costs $1.45 for students in the elementary schools and $1.55 in the middle and high schools; lunch costs $2.10 in the elementary schools and $2.60 in the middle and high schools. Adults can eat with their children at $2.75 for breakfast or $3.75 for lunch.
The cost for children who are eligible and apply for the FREE OR REDUCED-PRICE MEAL PROGRAM can be as low as $0.30 cents for breakfast and $0.40 cents for lunch.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE FREE OR REDUCED-PRICE MEAL PROGRAM?
You can now apply online for free or reduced-price meal benefits through the Infinite Campus parent portal! We encourage you to complete an online application instead of a paper application.
IF YOU ARE ABLE TO APPLY ON-LINE:
The online application has the same requirements and will ask you for the same information as the paper application. Log in to the Infinite Campus parent portal. Contact Mistene Pruitt at 706-367-5151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the online application.
If you are unable to complete an online application:
You also can download packet of information that includes an application for free or reduced-price meal benefits, a set of detailed instructions, and the frequently-asked questions listed below. One finished, please send the completed application to your child’s school.
Once finished, please send the completed application to your child’s school.
WHO CAN GET FREE OR REDUCED PRICE MEALS?
- All children in households receiving benefits from SNAP or TANF are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children who are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
- Children may receive free or reduced-price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced-price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on this chart (haga clic aquí para una versión en español).
Here are the essential links you need to learn about and apply for the Free or Reduced-Price Meal Program:
- Infinite Campus Portal (to submit an online application)
- Instructions on How to Apply
- Printable Application Form
- Frequently Asked Questions for Parents and Families
Aquí son los enlaces esenciales que necesita para aprender y entregar una aplicación al programa de las comidas escolares gratis o a precio reducido:
NEED MORE HELP?
¿NECESITA MÁS AYUDA?
If you need help or have more questions, call or email Mistene Pruitt for more information.
- PHONE: (706) 367-5151
- EMAIL: email@example.com
Privacy is protected because every child who is part of our online payment system uses a personal identification number or PIN, and the source of the funds is not identified.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FOR PARENTS AND FAMILIES
Please read the below document to find answers to all your questions regarding program eligibility and additional guidelines.
If you cannot see the document embedded below, click here to open/download the PDF file in a new window or browser tab.
2020-2021Application Parent Letter-FAQs
PARA PADRES Y FAMILIAS
Lea el documento abajo para encontrar respuestas a todas sus preguntas sobre la elegibilidad del programa y pautas adicionales.
Si no puede ver el documento incrustado abajo, haga clic aquí para abrir o descargar el documento PDF en una nueva ventana o pestaña del navegador.
20-2021 Spanish Parent Letter-FAQs