Registration Information

Welcome to Jackson County Schools!

Parents/Guardians of pre-K through 12th-grade students who are new to our system (or who are already enrolled but have moved to a new school attendance zone) must register at the school their children will attend. Students do not have to be present at the time of registration.

Click here for a map of elementary school zones, which also determines middle and high school attendance zones. East Jackson, South Jackson, and Maysville elementary school students move on to East Jackson Middle School and East Jackson Comprehensive High School. Students zoned for West Jackson, North Jackson, and Gum Springs elementary schools move on to West Jackson Middle School and Jackson County Comprehensive High School.

Click here for information on Pre-K registration for Jackson County residents.

Click here for information on choosing a school other than the one for which you are zoned (HB251).

Click here for information on enrolling a student who is not (and will not be) living in Jackson County.


New to the Jackson County School System? Changing schools because of a move? You will need to provide the following:

      • Proof of residency in the parent/guardian’s name must be presented at the time of registration. Without residency documentation, your child(ren) cannot be registered. The following are acceptable:
          • Copy of home settlement statement or mortgage statement.
          • Copy of current lease agreement signed by landlord (handwritten notes are not accepted).
          • Copy of current utility bill/service connection with parent/guardian’s name and service address.
          • Copy of current homeowner’s insurance statement with parent/guardian’s name and address.

*Please note:  If living arrangements are a multi-residence or a shared household, and the parent/guardian is not the homeowner or head of household, a Student Residency Questionnaire and a Certificate of Multi-Family Residence form must be completed, notarized, and on file. The school can provide notary if needed.

AND, if you are new to the Jackson County School System, you also must provide the following:

      • Student’s Birth Certificate, hospital-issued birth record, or religious birth record. *
          • Proof of Guardianship/Custody Agreement is required when both birth parents are listed on the birth certificate but do not live in the same household.
      • Child’s Social Security Card or signed waiver (SSN waiver available at time of registration).
      • Parent/guardian proof of identification (examples are: Photo ID, passport, work badge, etc.).
      • Signed Authorization to Release Records and Disclosures.
      • Transcript or last report card from previous school with current grades and promotion information (grades 9 through 12 must have previous records prior to scheduling classes).
      • Georgia Department of Public Health Form 3300 – Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening. Available through/conducted by the local health department or a Georgia physician. Required for children entering Georgia schools for the first time.
      • Georgia Immunization Form 3231. Available only through the Health Department or a Georgia physician.

* Additional information regarding birth certificates/records:
     * If your child was NOT born in Georgia
, check with the Vital Records office in the state of birth; many states offer similar services online.
     * If your child was born in Georgia
, the Vital Records Department of Jackson County, which is part of the Probate Court, can provide a certified copy of the birth certificate for a small fee. With proper ID and $25, you can get a certified copy of the birth certificate on the spot — even if there are issues you can usually get one within ~72 hours. Click here to read more, BUT don’t be put off by the “download and mail this form” statement — you CAN go in person and get the BC on the spot or apply in person for the 72-hour version. 
If cost is an issue, contact Rachel Duke, our lead social worker, at 706-367-5151.

McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth

The McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth program is designed to address the problems that homeless children and youth have faced in enrolling, attending, and succeeding in school. Under this program, state educational agencies must ensure that each homeless child and youth has equal access to the same free, appropriate public education, including a public preschool education, as other children and youth.
If the McKinney-Vento Act applies to your family, the school registrar/school social worker will be able to assist with the registration process.If you have further questions regarding registration, please contact the school the student will be attending.

GSES playground

The Jackson County School System does not and will not discriminate
based on race, color, national origin, or immigration status.

  • Click here for details on Kindergarten registration.
  • Click here for the Teaching & Learning overview.
Teresa Dearman and Martha Wilson
Teresa Dearman, left, and Martha Wilson are the two central office staff members most closely involved with registration and transfer processes for our students and their families.
If you move/change contact details

It is a parent/guardian’s responsibility to notify the school immediately if a child’s address changes and to ensure all contact information is up to date.

  • If you change your phone number or email address, you can update your child’s information through the Infinite Campus parent portal. Review the Parent Portal Resource Guide for additional help or contact your child’s school with the new information as soon as possible.
  • If you move within your school’s attendance zone, you can update your child’s information through the Infinite Campus parent portal. Review the Parent Portal Resource Guide for additional help or contact your child’s school to update your address.
  • If you move to another JCSS school’s attendance zone, please follow the instructions elsewhere on this page, under the heading “Required Documents.”
  • If your child rides the bus, the school will help with routing information and will print out the new information for the bus driver. In the interests of safety, a handwritten note to the driver CANNOT be accepted; the information must come from the school to the driver.
  • If you need assistance identifying the new bus stop location and schedule, find more information on the Transportation page.