2019-20 Registration Process
Pre-K applications for the 2019-2020 school year will be accepted beginning Friday, February 1, 2019, at all Jackson County elementary schools. Children must be 4 years old by September 1, 2019, and must live in the school’s attendance zone to apply for Pre-K.
The deadline to submit an application is 2 p.m. February 28, 2019.
There are a limited number of spaces in the Pre-K program, and completion of the application process does not guarantee enrollment. If the number of applications exceeds the spots available, a drawing will be held March 14, 2019.
- Application forms are available at each school (they are not available electronically).
- Only completed applications that have been returned by the deadline will be considered.
- All applicants will be notified of their status by mail after the drawing takes place.
- If you have a question about the school for which your residence is zoned, please call us at 706-367-5151.
You will need the following items to complete the application process:
- Proof of residency in the parent/guardian’s name. The following are acceptable:
- Copy of home settlement statement or mortgage statement.
- Copy of current lease agreement signed by the landlord (handwritten notes are not accepted).
- Copy of current utility bill/service connection with parent/guardian’s name and service address.
- Copy of current homeowner’s insurance statement with parent/guardian’s name and address.
Should living arrangements be a multi-residence household or a shared household, and the parent/guardian is not the homeowner or head of household, a Student Residency Questionnaire and a Certificate of Multi-Family Residence form must be completed, notarized, and on file. The school can provide notary if needed.
- Student’s Birth Certificate, hospital-issued birth record, or religious birth record.*
Proof of Guardianship/Custody Agreement is required when both birth parents are listed on the birth certificate but do not live in the same household.
- Child’s Social Security Card or signed waiver
SSN waiver available at the time of registration
- Parent/guardian proof of identification
Examples are: Photo ID, passport, work badge, etc.
Available through/conducted by the local health department or a Georgia physician. Required for children entering Georgia schools for the first time.
- Georgia Immunization Form 3231. Available only through the Health Department or a Georgia physician.
If your child was born in Georgia, the Vital Records Department of Jackson County, which is part of the Probate Court, can provide a certified copy of the birth certificate for a small fee. With proper ID and $25, you can get a certified copy of the birth certificate on the spot — even if there are issues you can usually get one within ~72 hours.
Click here to read more, BUT don’t be put off by the “download and mail this form” statement — you CAN go in person and get the BC on the spot or apply in person for the 72-hour version. If cost is an issue, contact Rachel Duke, our lead social worker, at 706-367-5151.
If your child was NOT born in Georgia, check with the Vital Records office in the state of birth; many states offer similar services online.
The Jackson County School System does not and will not discriminate
based on race, color, national origin, or immigration status.