Martha Wilson joined the Jackson County School System central office staff in August 2015 as Director of SIS and Instructional Technology. Formerly the CEO of SSUI/K12 Solutions Group, she worked in the education field in the area of administrative software development and implementation for more than 25 years. A native of Georgia, she earned her bachelor’s degree from Tift College of Mercer University, majoring in biology, chemistry and computer science. She and her husband, Robin, live in the East Jackson community and are the proud parents of successful honor graduates of the Jackson County School System.
The management of student information is critical to the operation of the Jackson County School System, and parents/guardians play a vital role in its accuracy.
Our student information management system, Infinite Campus, provides JCSS with the tools necessary to streamline student administration, enable stakeholder collaboration and personalize learning.
The web-based system allows access for students, parents and educators from anywhere at any time. The Student Information System (SIS) serves as a district-wide data warehouse and is used for all state reporting and accountability requirements. The system details student contact information, enrollment, attendance, schedules, grades, transcripts and assessment data. It coordinates with software used for assessment, food service, transportation, technology access, and personalized learning.
The Campus Student/Parent Portal and the Infinite Campus mobile app (available through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store) provide strong communication tools for all the stakeholders who are important to the success of each student. By providing for immediate notifications concerning grades, schedules and attendance, Infinite Campus allows parents to stay connected to their child’s progress at all times. The Infinite Campus messenger feature also allows for text messages, calls and emails from teachers, school leaders and district leaders to our stakeholders in a variety of instances.
Parents as partners
It is a parent/guardian’s responsibility to provide accurate information when enrolling a child in the school system and to keep student contact information up to date.
Online access to Infinite Campus through the parent portal makes it possible to monitor your child’s progress, verify and update contact information, and set your own preferences. To learn more about the features and benefits, check out the Parent Portal Resource Guide.
Click here to access the Infinite Campus Parent Portal desktop site.
The Parent Portal Resource Guide‘s Quick Link Guides provide detailed information to:
- Activate your account if you have not yet registered for the site.
- Change your password.
- Verify or update your contact information and preferences.
If you are having trouble with access, contact your child’s school.
Click here to return to the School Improvement & Accountability page.
It is a parent/guardian’s responsibility to provide accurate information when enrolling a student, to notify the school immediately if the child’s address changes, and to ensure all contact information is up to date.
- If you change your phone number or email address, you can update your child’s information through the Infinite Campus parent portal. Review the parent portal resource guide for additional help or contact your child’s school with the new information as soon as possible.
- If you move within your school’s attendance zone, you can update your child’s information through the Infinite Campus parent portal. Review the parent portal resource guide for additional help or contact your child’s school to update your address.
- If you move to another JCSS school’s attendance zone, please follow the instructions on the Registration Information page.
- If your child rides the bus, the school will help with routing information and will print out the new information for the bus driver. In the interests of safety, a handwritten note to the driver cannot be accepted; the information must come from the school to the driver.
- If you need assistance identifying the new bus stop location and schedule, find more information on the Transportation page.