EJCHS Class of 2022 Senior News
*Graduation Weather Update as of May 25th at 12:30pm*We will move forward with attempting a graduation ceremony in the stadium at 7:00, or as close to that as possible. This seems our best chance to have an outdoor ceremony before the rain begins. Senior report time is 5:30 in the small gym. Predicting the weather is not an exact science, so families should still be prepared to relocate to the gym should the weather become dangerous. Seniors have 6 tickets for guests if we move indoors, and we have overflow space for viewing the Livestream in the auditorium, cafeteria, and media center.(Livestream Link: https://youtu.be/I9Zh6FP8B1w).Thank you for your patience as we navigate these changing conditions and try to provide the best possible experience for our students.Please refer to the document linked below for details regarding graduation practice and graduation.
Senior Dues are $30. Pay your dues online or remit payment in-person to Ms. Ruth Wilson in room 334. You will have the option
of selecting one of three senior t-shirts upon payment.
Important Dates & Upcoming Events
- Herff-Jones Senior Delivery: (Feb 28th, April - TBD, and May TBD) - Ms. Byers
The final balance must be paid with cash, money order, or cashier’s check.
February 28th will be the first delivery date for graduation supplies AND caps and gowns. The supplies will be distributed in the ATRIUM outside the cafeteria during all lunches. There will be a second delivery date in April . The final delivery date will be in May. This is your last chance to pick up graduation supplies!
The longer you wait to order your cap and gown, the more expensive it will be.
** Herff-Jones Call Center - #770-795-1626
** Customer Service - email@example.com
** Order Cap and Gown - www.highschool.herffjones.com
** If you have a financial hardship, please see Ms. Byers ASAP.
- Senior Night at Six Flags: (Friday, May 6th) - Ms. Ruth Wilson
If you would like to attend, please sign up as soon as possible. The cost of the trip is $100 (if you have paid your senior dues). If you have not paid your dues yet, the cost is $130. A deposit of $25 must be paid by Friday, March 1st to hold your spot. The balance must be paid in full by Friday, April 29th. More information will be provided closer to the date of the trip.
- Senior Week Activities: (April 18th-22nd) - Ms. Ruth Wilson
Show your class spirit by participating in the activities! The senior student council officers coordinated the senior week activity schedule. (School Dress Code still applies!)
- Monday, April 18th - “Dress like your Favorite Teacher or Hero” Day
- Tuesday, April 19th - “Hippie Day”
- Wednesday, April 20th - “Toga Day”
- Thursday, April 21st - “Senior Citizen Day”
- Friday, April 22nd - “College and Career Day”
- Prom: (Friday, April 22nd) – Ms. Ruth Wilson
The prom will be held on Friday, April 22nd, from 8:00-11:00 p.m. at White Fox Cottage in Commerce.
- Prom tickets will be on sale at all lunches beginning Monday, April 11th.
- Cost: $30.00 per ticket (there will be NO tickets sold at the door)
- Prom King/Queen Ballots will be decided in the weeks leading up to prom. There is one vote per person.
- If your prom date does not attend EJCHS, they will be required to fill out an attendance permission form. These will be available in the front office on Tuesday, March 15th, and must be returned no later than Monday, April 11th. You are not allowed to bring anyone to prom that is 21 years old or older.
Remember, the prom requires a formal dress code for students. See Ms. Crouch or Ms. Wood if you do not understand the formal dress code requirements.
Students enrolled in 8th grade or who attend the alternative school or middle school may NOT attend the senior prom. Also, if you are quarantined at the time of Prom, you may NOT attend.
- Yearbooks: - Ms. Melanie Lawhorn
End of May - Date of delivery is subject to change. All Yearbook balances are DUE by Friday, April 29th!. Your balance on your yearbook must be paid in full in order to receive it.
- Senior Indebtedness: (DEADLINE Friday, May 6th; 3:00 p.m.) – SEE MS. BOLTON!!
All senior indebtedness for lost/damaged textbooks, band fees, library fines, uniforms, fundraiser money, and other miscellaneous charges must be cleared by 3:00 p.m. Seniors owing for school items will not be allowed to practice or march for graduation.
- TESTING – Ms. Julie Crouch
- April 20th-27th– CTAE End of Pathway Assessments (EOPAs)
- May 2nd-13th – AP Exams
- Senior Exams: - Seniors will take their final exams early. The schedule below will be during REGULAR class periods:
Monday, May 16th Tuesday, May 17th Wednesday, May 18th Thursday, May 19th
Period A1 Periods B3 and B4 Periods A3 and A4 Periods B1 and B2
- TECHNOLOGY RETURN -
Seniors will be required to return their school-issued Chromebooks and chargers. You will turn in your Chromebook and charger to your Period B2 teacher after your last exam on Thursday, May 19th. Your second opportunity to return your materials will be at graduation practice on Tues, May 24th.
- Academic Honors Night: (Thursday, May 19th; 6:30 p.m.) – Ms. Erin Nickerson
Special recognition will be given to seniors who have excelled. Senior subject area awards and all scholarships will be announced at Academic Honors Night. Seniors are expected to dress up and look their best for the occasion. Many of the award winners will have pictures made for the local paper. You will receive an invitation if you are receiving an award or recognition. These invitations will be delivered either the last week of April or the first week of May.
- Senior Graduate Walk: (Friday, May 20th; 1:30 @ respective elementary schools; 2:15 @ East Jackson Middle)
Seniors voted to have the Senior Walk through the elementary school rather than the graduate parade. Seniors will need to provide their own transportation.
11. Senior Sunset Bonfire - Friday, May 20th, 6:30 p.m.
12. Cap and Gown Pictures - Seniors voted to have the traditional graduation photo–all in one big group, which will be taken the morning of graduation practice.
- Graduation Dress Code: The required dress code is listed below.
Cap, gown, tassel, white dress shirt and dark tie, black or navy dress pants, dark dress shoes, and dark socks (you may not decorate the top of your cap)
Cap, gown, tassel, dress, and black or navy dress shoes (no pants) (you may not decorate the top of your cap)
** Any honor cords, medals, or stoles should be affiliated with a school organization.
** If you are unsure if your clothing meets the requirements, please see Ms. Palmer.
** If you have a financial hardship, please see Ms. Byers, Ms. Chaisson, or Ms. Turton ASAP!!
- Graduation Practice: (Tuesday, May 24th; 9:00 am) – Ms. Ware, Ms. R. Wilson, Ms. Forrester, and Ms. Chandler
ALL seniors will be required to report to the gym by 9:00 am on Tuesday. Please report to the small gym when you arrive. There will be important information given out at this time.
It is mandatory for seniors marching at Wednesday’s graduation to attend the full practice on Tuesday, May 24th. All seniors are directed to report to the gym beginning at 9:00 am. There are no exceptions to this unless approved by Ms. Palmer. The principal is the only person authorized to grant this exception and it is done so only on the basis of extreme hardship. If you have car trouble or a medical emergency on the way to practice, it is your responsibility to get confirmation from Ms. Palmer.
Each senior will be assigned a row and seat in which they will sit during the graduation practice and ceremony. It is at the discretion of the EJCHS administration as to where your placement will be.
A senior who is disruptive in the graduation practice will be dismissed and directed to return with his/her parents for a conference with Ms. Palmer prior to graduation.
- Graduation: (Wednesday, May 25th; 8:00 pm)
The graduation ceremony for the EJCHS Class of 2022 will be held in Eagle Stadium. Seniors will report at 6:45. The ceremony will begin at 8:00 p.m.
***In the event of rain, there will be an alternate plan for an indoor ceremony - same date and time.
When you arrive at school for graduation, please report to the auxiliary gym (we may have an alternative plan due to COVID). You will enter through the back door of the auxiliary gym. Carry your cap and gown with you. Once you enter the gym, you will not be allowed to leave for any reason. Please secure all valuables before entering the gym. Do not bring cell phones, purses, keys, etc. inside the gym. We will not have anywhere to secure these items once you are inside and you will not be allowed to bring those items onto the field during the ceremony. Herff Jones will be on site with extra items (tassels, etc.) to purchase if needed.